University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
College of ACES
ACES Academic Programs
Give to ACES

If you have concerns...


ACES Academic Programs Office: Students can visit 128 Mumford Hall for questions about academic standing, academic holds, DARS audits, and graduation requirements and is a good place to start if you don’t know who to contact. You can schedule an appointment with any of the assistant deans, and usually there is at least one dean available to take walk-ins for questions or to discuss academic concerns. Some resources are available online.

Classes to Take

Your advisor knows the most about the courses needed to complete your degree requirements and can best help you make decisions about which courses to take.

Your Departmental Advising Coordinator: If your academic advisor is not available, contact your Departmental Advising Coordinator.


Classes can be overwhelming, and it's important to notice right away if you feel like you are falling behind, and find some help. Tutoring is a resource everyone needs, and is often free, so take advantage of it. There are many Tutoring Resources available on campus, and many of them are free.

Discrimination or Acts of Intolerance

If you feel that you are the victim of or a witness to discrimination or an act of intolerance, please contact the Office of the Dean of Students. Within that office is the Office of Student Conflict Resolution, which facilitates awareness of bias incidents and hate crimes, provides resources for recognizing and avoiding these activities and is the place to report occurrences.

Documented Disabilities

The Division of Disability Resources & Educational Services (DRES) provides a wide range of services to students with documented disabilities. For example, for students, DRES provides adapted testing services, assistance with campus accessibility, plans for accommodations, and accessible transportation.

1207 South Oak Street

Emotional Health

The Counseling Center is committed to providing a range of services intended to help students develop improved coping skills in order to address emotional, interpersonal, and academic concerns. The Counseling Center provides individual, couples, and group counseling. All of these services are paid for through the health services fee. The Counseling Center offers primarily short-term counseling, but they do provide referrals to the community when students could benefit from longer term services.

Tuesday @ 7 Workshops: Each semester, the Counseling Center Paraprofessionals present a series of predetermined psycho-educational workshops that are offered on Tuesdays @ 7 (T@7) in the evening. These workshops cover a range of academic and personal issues such as study skills, time management, body image, multicultural concerns, long-distance relationships, leadership development, relaxation techniques, social skills, and other current topics affecting college students. See the full schedule at the Counseling Center. And access their brochures at

Family and Children

In order to support Student-Parents at Illinois in their educational journey, we offer this forum as a platform for identifying resources, locating policies, learning about programs and connecting to peers.

Financial Concerns

Cultivating Currency is a website that features resources on a variety of financial topics such as how to track spending, reduce expenses, protect credit ratings, manage credit and debt, begin investing, and negotiate a salary.

The Office of Student Financial Aid can answer questions about financial aid awards and balances, can help you search for scholarships and funding, and houses the campus Virtual Job Board.


The Tenant Union provides FREE services to University of Illinois students including:

  • Help Finding Apartments and Houses
  • Landlord Complaint Records
  • Lease Reviews
  • Tenant-Landlord Conflict Help
  • Educational Programming

University Housing Division offers several different types of living options for enrolled students on campus.

Fraternity and Sorority Affairs supports and advises the Black Greek, Interfraternity, Panhellenic, and United Greek Councils, as well as individual chapterson the Urbana-Champaign campus.

Sexual Misconduct

The WE CARE website contains resources for victims, their families and friends, as well as campus policies and procedures for faculty and staff.

The Women’s Resources Center is a confidential resource center related to sexual assault/rape, sexual harassment, stalking, and abuse within a relationship (sometimes called dating or domestic violence).

Stress Management

The Stress Management Program offers a variety of opportunities for students to explore stress management strategies and relaxation techniques that meet their individual needs. The goal of the Stress Management Program is to help students maintain comfortable and productive levels of daily stress.

The campus Wellness Center offers a variety of activities and programs to helps students to relax and live a healthier lifestyle.

Screening for ADHD or Learning Disabilities

The Counseling Center offers specialized screenings for Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Learning Disabilities. If students are struggling specifically with exams but doing well on homework and other facets of class, or if tutoring and other efforts do not seem to be helping, a screening is recommended.

Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Learning Disability Screening Contacts:
Counseling Center
610 E. John Street

McKinley Mental Health Clinic
1109 S. Lincoln Avenue

Disability Resources & Educational Services
1207 S. Oak St.

Test Anxiety

The Counseling Center offers specialized screenings for test anxiety. If students are struggling specifically with exams but doing well on homework and other facets of class, or if tutoring and other efforts do not seem to be helping, a screening is recommended.

Test Anxiety Screening
Counseling Center
610 E. John Street

Time Management

If it seems like you are always busy and never have enough time to study, you are not alone. With so much to do, you do need to know how to manage your time.

Visa Issues

Questions about visa status or changes should be directed to International Student and Scholar Services.